My Blog Button

SpantastiKreations

Grab this code:

About Me

My photo
My name is Erin and I have been blogging since July 2010 on the recommendation of my friend Ann and now I can't stop, LOL. I created this blog as a place to display my Kreativity. To inspire and be inspired. I hope you enjoy your visit. Let me know you stopped by so that I can return the favor and visit your blog.
Cricut: The Official Blog

My Copyright

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected

Awards I Have Won

Awards I Have Won
Thank you Jamie, Amanda, Jen & Angela

Thanks Amy
Cricut Top 40

Total Pageviews

>
Powered by Blogger.
Monday, January 10, 2011
HAPPY NEW YEAR all you Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog stalkers followers. :) I hope that 2011 is treating you better and better everyday. And I trust you all had a fabulous Christmas.  I did :) I was blessed by a FaceBook friend of mine that won a Cricut Expression (her second Expression win within one month) and she crafted it forward to me. :) I was so, so, so excited. Thank you Amy from Perfectly Unperfect Cards. I am still astonished at the kindness of a stranger. (Well, not a complete stranger but we have only met via FaceBook.) Ok, enough about that....

This week at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge the challenge is Winter Warmies. We are to create a project using some sort of winter clothing or accessory. I was super excited to have received Simply Charmed for Christmas and I knew just HAD to use the most adorable hat and mittens I've ever seen on that cart.
Here is what I came up with....




It's a wall/door hanging! Since I now have an Expression I can cut images larger than 5.5" and I can also cut chipboard aka cereal boxes (in this project anyway).
Here are the details:
*Bases are all Cheerio boxes. (BTW, I live VERY near the General Mills factory and when they make the Cheerios the whole city smells Heavenly.)
*The hat is cut at 7" and the mittens are cut at 4"
* Layers are white, slate blue, sky blue and pink for the mouths and cheeks.
*Google eyes are from The Dollar Tree (I LOVE googly eyes)
*Clear/iridescent glitter

I LOVE how this all came together. It's hanging in my living room right now.

I can't wait to see what the rest of you come up with! Don't forget to link your project to the FCCB blog there's always a prize up for grabs, GOOD LUCK.

Keep Kreating,
Erin

7 comments:

Saundra said...

Very cute, Erin! Enjoy your Expression! That was a really sweet of Amy to pass it on to you.

Happy Crafting!
~Saundra :)

Helen said...

This is so cute! I saw it on Photobucket and couldn't wait to comment :) And wonderful news on the Expression--congrats!

Unknown said...

So cute Erin!!!!!

Kate said...

This is so cute, Erin! I love the googly eyes and touch of glitter.
What a wonderful gift you received too!! Amy sounds like one lucky woman. How super that she passed her prize on to you!

CricutLvr!! said...

This is just super cute!! The sweet lit' faces just make you smile! Great job!!

Rhonda Emery said...

very cute

Valerie said...

Adorable, I just love those happy mittens!

Followers

Cardz TV

Crafting with Cristina

DD's Crafts

BWS tips button

Erin Lee Creative

erin lee creative

Inking It Up Crazy

Made By Momo

My Creative Time

My Creative Time

My Pink Stamper

Pink Cricut

Pink Cricut

PurpleFuntastick

Queen Of My Craftroom

Scrappily Ever After

Scrappily Ever After... button

Scrappin' Chics

Scrappin' Chics Challenge

Scrappin With Cricut

Scrappin WIth My Bug

Scrappin with my BUG

You Had Me @ Craft

YoursTruLee

Yours TruLee