- My name is Erin and I have been blogging since July 2010 on the recommendation of my friend Ann and now I can't stop, LOL. I created this blog as a place to display my Kreativity. To inspire and be inspired. I hope you enjoy your visit. Let me know you stopped by so that I can return the favor and visit your blog.
- Scrappin Roots Monthly Layout Challenge: Birthday ...
- Holy Cow! Another 40:31 Creations DT Post
- FCCB Challenge Me Monday: Ebossing
- 40:31 Creations Design Team Day
- I'm The Guest Designer At Yours TruLee Today.
- Congrats to.....
- Cricky Across The 50 Blog Hop
- It's Another 40:31 Creations Design Team Project!
- I Got A Face Lift
- Lots of Love Blog Hop ~WINNER~
- Share The Love Crawl
- Lots of Love Blog Hop
- First Ever 40:31 Creations Design Team Project
- ▼ February (13)
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, February 25, 2011
12:05 AM | Posted by SpantastiKreations | | Edit Post
If you are looking for my 40:31 Creations DT project click here.
Welcome to the launch of:
Scrappin Roots Monthly Layout Challenge.
After the response I received from my Scrappin Roots Blog Hop I knew I wanted to kick this off. So many of us out there began papercrafting by doing layouts and scrapping those special moments in our lives. Unfortunately for me and many of you we have kinda tossed that aside (meanwhile getting so far behind we'll never catch up) for the instant gratification of cards and deco projects. This challenge series is designed to give you that little nudge and encouragement you need to catch up just a little.
I am so excited to be kicking off the first ever challenge.
Here's how it's going to work:
*Each month we will have a theme. (This months theme is birthdays because today (2/25) is my daughter's 6th birthday. :)
*I will have guest designers every month and they will do a layout in the theme of that month.
*You will have the opportunity to play along as well by linking your layout to Mr. Linky (Between 2/25-3/5 this time around)
*Blog candy will be up for grabs! Winners will be chosen (On 3/6) using Random.org :)
*You can submit a NEW 1 or 2 page layout that coincides with the theme of the month. (One submission per person, per month please)
So without further ado here is my lo for the month.
LOVE how this lo turned out. It's for my baby girl's 6th birthday.
This lo is divided into 4 sections. In the first section I created a "banner" with my faux twine and 1" circles I punched out, inked, folded in half and blinged out with some rhinestones. I also added a J from the Blackletter cartridge (I LOVE my Gypsy).
In the second section I have mats for 2-3"x4" pics. (Which I haven't added because I haven't taken them yet. I will do that later today)
The 3rd section is a journaling box, if you lift up on the ribbon there is a place to journal underneath.
The 4th box is a fun cupcake from Create A Critter.
I kinda stepped out of the box on this one because as a rule I don't mix patterns unless they are in the same stack or on the other side of double sided paper. I think I lucked out and it worked for me this time around. LOL
So are you ready to make your own BIRTHDAY layout?
Remember it can be a one or two page layout.
Wanna know what's up for grabs?
I gave a pair of these scissors to my Mom for Christmas and she LOVES them and I'm sure you will too.
Here are the guidelines one more time:
1) You must link your project to Mr. Linky
2) Please leave a comment.
3) Deadline to link your project is 3/5/11 11:59PST (Giving the Westies time to get in on the fun)
Can't wait to see your BIRTHDAY lo's.