- My name is Erin and I have been blogging since July 2010 on the recommendation of my friend Ann and now I can't stop, LOL. I created this blog as a place to display my Kreativity. To inspire and be inspired. I hope you enjoy your visit. Let me know you stopped by so that I can return the favor and visit your blog.
- Mom's Day Blog Hop
- A Quick Easter Layout
- Have Your Cake And Eat It Too?
- Cristina's Blogaversary Blog Hop
- Home Decor Hop
- Queen of my Craftroom 3-D Challenge
- 28 Candles Blog Hop
- My Heart BelongsTo Daddy Blog Hop
- Cards for Colton
- Paper Flower Tutorial
- April Showers Blog Hop....Day 2
- April Showers Blog Hop
- ▼ April (12)
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, April 22, 2011
12:05 AM | Posted by SpantastiKreations | | Edit Post
Hello my fellow blog stalkers and welcome to
THE HOME DECOR BLOG HOP
This hop is being hosted by the Fabulous Faith from
If you have arrived here from Tiara's blog you are headed in the right direction. If you just happened to be visiting and would like to hop from the beginning head on over to Faith's blog.
Faith and her children recently moved into their own place and she's been busy, busy, busy making her house a home. She had the fabulous idea for this hop. Not only to inspire her and give her some home decor ideas but to inspire the rest of us as well.
I love to make & create things to decorate my home. It's very satisfying to me to see something I worked hard on and created myself displayed in my home.
For this hop I created an altered clock. I had seen an altered clock on a blog several months ago and I knew I wanted to give it a try someday. Well, this is someday.
Here's how it turned out.
I totally LOVE how this turned out.
Not sure if you can tell in this pic but the numbers are ever so slightly misaligned BUT you can still tell the time. LOL
Here are a few more close-ups.
Loving the colors.
I got this paper on clearance from Michael's 7/$1
I made the 12, 3, 6 & 9 a little fancier.
I took these photos without the plastic face cover to avoid any annoying glare.
Here are the directions...it really is super simple.
1) I purchased an inexpensive ($4) clock from Dollar General. I chose the clock based on the color of the frame and the hands. (The face was a picture of the Last Supper. LOL)
2) Remove the plastic face cover. There are usually little tabs that can be released from the back of the clock to make this very easy.
3) CAREFULLY pull off the second, minute & hour hand. It may be a little tough but slow & steady they will come off.
4) Measure the inside circle of the clock. This one measured 8 3/4". I cut the background using the circle on George & Basic shapes.
5) Find the center of the circle and punch a hole (I used my Crop A Dial) for the stem that the hands go on. Then using a little ATG I adhered that circle to the face of the clock.
6) Next, I cut all the numbers from Plantin Schoolbook. I chose to make the 12, 3, 6 & 9 slightly larger than the other numbers.
I then glued them to circles in coordinating colors.
7) To give it that extra pop I inked all the edges of the circles.
8) I carefully glued all the numbers to the face of the clock beginning with the 12, 3, 6 & 9 and then fitting in the remaining numbers.
9) Place the hands back on the stem and replace the plastic face cover.
And there you have it, an altered clock that you can create yourself to match any decor. Wouldn't an altered clock like this be great in a kid's room or a baby's room?
I hope you are enjoying all the fabulous home decor projects in this hop. Your next stop is Chris's blog.
Start Decorating & Keep Kreating,